March 02, 2009

Why-O-Why

There are some days in your life when you want everything to be just perfect...but nothing goes your way and all you can say is Why-O-Why???


It was our college cultural fest and I was a participant in Antakshari.I was so HAPPY..2 Reasons for that:

  • It was second year in a row that I got selected for the finals and
  • This time there was no Miss OC in my team :)

Now let me tell you about this Ms. OC....


Last year she was with us in the finals and this year in the auditions,we were made one team.First round in auditions was the normal antakshari round and here i realized the disadvantages of having a soft voice.OC has a loud voice and everytime we got an alphabet she would start singing without consulting with us.
It was like I was singing 1 song .....suddenly she starts with another one and eventually I had to sing what she was singing 'coz my voice was barely heard!! :( I was so pissed off!! I thought...'there goes my chance....buh bye antakshari'...but a sudden change of fate in other rounds and Neha and I got selected and OC failed to make it..I was so happy and relieved...My conscience told me...'Pri this is really bad,you shouldnt enjoy someones failure..you'll regret it later' and I said,'Shut up!!I am 100% happy tht shez not selected and you are definitely not spoiling it!!!'



25th Feb,2009..Our antakshari...Neha and I reached college by 11am and headed towards the auditorium..There we met OC..she came to us and said,"All the Best guys!"...I was like..'How sweet!Probably shez not tht bad after all'...then she added," Last time we made somesilly mistakes,this time WE must not repeat them."..'Wait a minute...did she just say WE???'I looked at Neha and she had the same puzzled look tht I had tht moment.Then Ms. OC told us tht her friend who got selected left the place for her and I thought....



"WOWW!What a friend!!But friendship dikhaane ke liye use antakshari hi mili thi!!"X(



And there started OCs oversmartness and domination!!Firstly,I wanted to sit in the front row..(I wore my best top that day for tht reason!)..but she quickly ran to the front seat.Neha offered me other front seat but she is a better singer anyday..so she deserved to sit in the front and so I declined it...And so I sat hidden behind them..*sob sob*



The main thing was tht she brought such a negative energy in the team...with tht 'I-know-it-all-u-r-dumbos' attitude tht it became really frustating and irritating to sit there...
Plus to add to it,"The judges",pataa nahi kaunse janam ka badlaa le rahe the.A lot of places where i could hav easily argued tht we deserved points and we wernt given any.....but I cudnt bcoz eventually they are my professors!And so I sat there hiding my frustration with a huge smile..And my conscience was jumping and dancing...'I told you na...you'll regret it later'...



Well.as a result of all the mess,we came Second LAst!!WHOA!!!from second,last year to second last this year!what a shame!!Actually our cultural this year was prety average as compared to what it was last year...So a bad day!! :( Hoping such days never show up again...and always listen to your conscience......otherwise it gets an opportunity to taunt you :P



P.S. :Currently listening to Taylor Swift ka songs these days...all thanks to Sailo!!Taylor's good! :)
And yeah koi mera result mujhe laa do....MU/Coll<---Hadd kardi aapne!!!

Signing off!
Adios! :)

2 comments:

Nimitt said...

lol....areee maan bhi jaa u were not good that day (don kill me 4 sayin that).....lol

TP said...

@nimitt
dont worry i wnt kill u...
but i never said anything abt me/us being good/best and yet losing...
theres this thing called negative energy...which was overflowing tht day...and thts probably the reason we were awful!!
we hav definitely performed better than this..but we cudnt tht day!