January 15, 2009

Festivals

I was supposed to post it yesterday.....but felt lazy to do so...so posting it today!!
HAPPY MAKAR SANKRANTI!! and HAPPY PONGAL!!
You know one advantage of staying in Mumbai is...You get to witness celebrations of almost all the festivals...
Yesterday Makar Sankranti was celebrated as pompously as any other festival..You know.."Tilgul ghya god god bola"(i love those laddoos..yum) and people shouting "kaypo che"...it all brings smile on my face...


I was looking out and saw how colourful the sky looked with those colourful kites...btw did you notice the kites with all these celebs on them... katrina,deepika,ranbir,srk n all...Haa..ppl and their inventions!!But one thing I noticed disturbed me..Poor little birds!they looked so confused as to where to fly.. I think they were confused bcoz the kite ka manjha must be coming in their way...I read sometime back tht many birds get injured bcoz of this...you feel so sorry for them. but then each festival has its share of cons..like
HOLI...Its total menace as its approaching..you cannot venture out of your house at least a week before or your clothes are either wet or colourful when you come back home...then theres DIWALI-- 1 festival I am always eagerly waiting for..You know all lovely gifts,new clothes and yummy delicious sweet*mouth watering*..so Diwali-a festival of Lights or is it Diwali- a festival of pollution...The view from my house is very beautiful...mountains on 1 side and tall skyrises on other side...but during diwali I am unable to see any of them bcoz of the amount of smoke!!! and all you pray is tht you dont become deaf!!There are many more such festivals..
I love these festivals but I wish these could be celebrated in a peaceful and less polluting ways..We've already hurt Mother Nature a lot..I hope we dont do it anymore..I know I do sound like a complaining person..I but feel so helpless..Like I cant do anything other than just me following it...
btw this post very small in front of my other lamba chauda posts :D i'll end it with a few lines of a song i like...
GAZING THRU THE WINDOW AT THE WORLD OUTSIDE
WONDERING WILL MOTHER EARTH SURVIVE,
HOPING THAT MANKIND WILL STOP ABUSING HER...
SOMETIME..

I'M JUST A DREAMER,
I DREAM MY LIFE AWAY,
I'M JUST A DREAMER,
WHO DREAMS OF BETTER DAYS.

Signing off...adios! :)

No comments: