January 11, 2009

Movies!




    2008 was a great year for movies.So many nice movies!And by nice i mean the ones with nice storyline and awesome script and direction...some amazing cinematography....                                            

By the way i just realized that i actually use the word 'nice' quite frequently(i was told this by my friend and i didnt quite believe it...btw quite is another such word :D)

  So back to movies.....Here are the movies that i saw in 2008 and they rocked..some of them released much before 2008..but i saw them now..not tht i am some movie critic...but i love to act like one :D   so here it goes...

  • A Wednesday::: What a movie!!!The most unpredictable end that i have ever seen.One movie that speaks for the common man in these times of terror...its high time now...something needs to be done about this problem.Well Nasseruddin Shah was Fabulous in the movie..See even low budget movies work...in fact they have the ability of becoming the best movie of the year..Ahem ahem...Is some Mr chopra listening?? they dont need to spend a fortune on making irritating movies like Tashan...which just promotes some size zero and stupid songs[white white face dekhe dilwa beating fast sasura chance maare re :o] and also useless action..                     I just hope one thing,that this movie does not influence people to do anything like what naserruddin shah did in that movie.
  • Pursuit of Happyness::: It released before 2008..but i got to see it in 2008..and no i am not that bad at spellings...it is spelt as HappYness....I have to admit this..I was not a Will Smith fan before is saw this movie...He is completely awesome in this one!When Chris Gardener(Will smith) is happy you feel happy..When he is struggling to find a shelter for him and his son....you feel so sad{yes i get emotional while watching emotional scenes}..A must watch movie!!
  • Bruce Almighty::: I wanted to see this movie long back..But one of my friends told me that its an adult movie..The good girl that I am...I waited till i became an adult..And i dont know why...They was nothing so adult about it..Well,I just love Jim Carrey for his crazy acts.A very sweet movie..Being God is after all not that simple..so next time you wish you were God...think again..I especially liked the idea that when Jim becomes God he receives millions of prayers as emails on his PC..Now thats an idea..sirjee..Nice imagination!
  • Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na::: Such a chweeeet movie! A simple story...Girl Boy Best Friends-find different lovers-then realize they love each other-And an airport climax...predictable yet sweet...Everyone in this movie was cool..Rats and Meow...after this movie,there were so many ppl around me calling each other Rats and meow[Brrr]..so now being called a chuha is not bad :P & Jiggy cracked some silly jokes in his gujju accent(some were not even jokes)..and yet i laughed so hard on them(generally i keep a straight face when someone speaks something silly)...and Rotlu and Bombs..What a jodi!!..and My Favourite Amit...I quite liked Prateik Babbar in the movie..waiting for his next release eagerly:)  that Ranjhor ka Rathore twist was fun to watch!
  • Rock On!!::: I had way too high expectations from this movie and probably thats why i was disappointed when i saw it...The songs rocked but the movie didnt..way too slow yaar..Farhan was good..I completely adore him...director-singer-actor-anchor...what next??..so were purab and luke..and arjun's looks were wow!!His expressions[??] helped him in the movie..                    And pj i am still so jealous of you coz you got too see farhan in person!!
  • Jodha Akbar::: I kind of liked this movie...Hrithik as Akbar Was GRAND!! and Ash as Jodha...well....whatever..Yes a very loooong never ending kind of movie..but the music is good...and also the story.
  • Race::: Hey Bhaggu!!!the number of twists and turns in this movie was totally unbelieveable..Oh Saif is the bad guy...No wait its Akshaye...No No its Bipasha for Sure... OMG its Katrina!!these were my reactions during this movie...One of the very very few movies where i felt saif was good..
  • Other movie i enjoyed would be Aamir..a thought provoking one.

Movie on my "to watch" list:

Dasvidanya:My sis saw it and she is bragging abt it..so i want ot see it[our taste in movies is quite similiar..except for the action ones...she can tolerate more of the dishoom dishoom than me..i just hate these kind of movies]

Dostana:I havn't seen it yet*slap slap**sob sob*

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi:I am a big Srk pankha..so a must watch for me..but it released during my exams so cudnt catch it then..

Then there's Khuda kay liye,Mumbai meri Jaan,Wall E,Kung Fu panda,HSM3

Well i was planning a not to watch list as well but i can go on and on abt them..i'll put it down some other time...

Btw i am waiting eagerly to watch Slumdog Millionaire this year....already heard so much abt it ...just cant wait to see it.

No comments: