October 26, 2008

Engineering!!!!

I know it been a long time since my first blog…but its so difficult to manage all these stuff when you are an engineering student…
Life as an engineering student is sooo hectic….
I mean…ofcourse there are a lot of fun moments that I was part of….and I thank engineering for that!!!
Like my IV(what an experience!!!),our college fests…both tech and cultural…and also the Lectures..
All of them are total fun..
But the slogging the one has to do is so stressful!!!

The number of assignments for one…..tending to infinity…(ok….infinity is a bit exaggeration…but they are definitely close o 70-80 each sem)is a waste of time..No one takes them seriously. There’s 1 master copy….and the rest assignment are just identical copies!!!!

Secondly….the practical knowledge one gains is close to 0%....
If you are good at rote learning….then you will definitely succeed in the exams…
Sadly, Mugging up=success mantra in engg…atleast in the univ from where I am doing it…

These things really frustrate me…

I mean the future engineers of our country are the ones whose don’t think practically…but just know to mug up things…
SCARY!!!

Well there’s an advantage in this stress as well!!! My parents took me to Goa(*all smiles*)to relieve my stress…Goa is So RELAXING!!!

Anyways….so this was the reason for just a long gap between my first post and this post…
Now…I have my PL going on…so I can put all my thoughts here more frequently. See I already have 2 posts in 1 day!!
Signing off…adios!!


4 comments:

PJ said...

seriously!....sometimes i wonder why do we mug up so much.Whats the point in doin it? just to vomit it out in the paprs on the EXAM DAY and frget about it the day after that??!!

wow! we are the future engineers! god save and god save the nation!lol

The Solitary Writer said...

oh yeah muggin up is all abt engineering in mumbai.....guys lack practical knowledge here...and blame assignments stuffs for the same....i dont think that teachers give more than 5 assignments in every sem and each assignments can have a max of 5 questions.....its just a matter of time...we dont do our assignments of our own....do we ...some scrpegoat does the work and we copy from them....and we still blame assignment work..how silly isn't it.....its y engg students from mu are underated as compared to other university .....u see


www.thesolitarywriter.blogspot.com

TP said...

@pj...
exactly my point...
@The Solitary Writer.
u r lucky tht u hav only five assignments per sub...
and plus spare a thought for the person who does it.."the scrapegoat"....
and imagine da frustation when ur prof tells u the last moment to do it again x(...
thts da speciality of my college!!

TP said...

and also...assignment r to be blamed...bcoz they do take up a lot of time..so much time tht students prefer to do it while the lectures r goin on:P